We are all aware that football is one of the most popular sports in both our country and in the world overall. Every year, thousands and millions of football fans experience the thrill of the seasonal games that played on the football fields by professional players and teams. Even though we all enjoy the games played on professional leagues, we are also aware that football is not solely for professionals. You can also see your local amateur team training hard to develop their game on the football field or even you can organize a little match with your friends to have fun and run away from the daily life stress. In nearly every corner of most cities today, there are football fields constructed to cater to the needs of football players and fans.
Football field grass installation is an inseparable part of football field construction since the bright green color of the football fields provides the most aesthetically pleasing game experience for both the players and the audience and helps football players to slide through the grass and chase the ball safely.
Soccer fields can be covered with natural green grass or with artificial grass. These days, the best and the most selected option of football field grass is to cover the surface of the area with artificial grass. Not only for football fields, but for most sports field constructions as well, fake grass is regarded as the best option. If you are curious about why it is highly preferred, let’s find it together.
Why Artificial Grass is So Popular?
- No problems with pesticides or other chemicals which may have damaging effects on human health.
- No irrigation is necessary and therefore, you can contribute to save the environment without using excessive amounts of water to clean and maintain the turf.
- Visually, artificial turf looks no different than natural one. It is hard to separate them from each other at one glance. The emerald color of the fake grass fibers is appealing to the eye.
- Maintaining the soccer field grass is also crucial when you are covering your football field’s surface. Choosing options which are easy to take care of will be more helpful financially. Furthermore, these options don’t make you exhausted. Artificial grass has an easy-to-take-care-of nature; thus, it has become a popular option in the last few years.
- It is the cost-effective replacement of natural grass. You can save money since you don’t have to spare a budget on pesticides, water bills, expensive cleaning equipment etc. Compared to natural grass football field construction, the process itself is more economical.
Constructing a Football Field with Artificial Grass
The process of building a soccer field is easy. If you want to have your desired project at the end, choosing to work with a company that have expert staff is necessary.
Let’s have a look at the steps to be followed to construct a football field with fake grass:
- The process is proceeded with equating the ground.
- In the second step, the base is cleared from all excessive materials.
- The subbase is taken care of, then drainage system is installed.
- Grass carpets are spread to the ground carefully and let them cover the whole surface without leaving empty spaces. The corners of the grass are glued together.
- If the grass is more than you need to fit to the ground, excessive parts are trimmed.
- Fillings are added to the artificial turf carpets.
How Much Does the Process Cost?
Constructing a football field consists of different stages. It is highly recommendable to work with a company that has a professional staff to provide the best service to you. Furthermore, selecting the best grass for football field is crucial. To inform you about the all-inclusive cost of building a soccer field covered with artificial grass on the surface depends on criteria such as:
- The variety of the grass selected by the customer
- Football field’s measurements in length and width and therefore, how much material is needed to cover the whole surface
- Where the soccer field is located
- The building activity of the field
You should have that in your mind that the cost is calculated by per square meters and thus, as we stated earlier the length and width of the soccer field will contribute to determine the price for your project.
For more information about football field construction covered with artificial grass, we invite you to fill out the form below. Our expert team will respond to you as soon as possible and gladly assist you for your project.